August kicks off the last month of summer – that is the last month before the kids head back to school for another year.
But summer isn’t over yet. There’s still lots to do including attending concerts, family-friendly activities, and more throughout the City of London.
Here’s our top list for things to do in London, Ontario this August:
- The Honey Festival takes place this civic holiday weekend on August 4th at the Clovermead Adventure Farm. Enjoy all things bees and honey, with wagon rides, candle making, demonstrations, and more! For more info click here.
- This is the last weekend to catch Disney’s Sleeping Beauty KIDS with Waking Sleeping Beauty. The show runs until August 5th at the Spriet Family Theatre. Buy your tickets here.
- Enjoy a Teddy Bear Picnic with your family at the Eldon House on August 4th. It costs 10 dollars per person or 30 dollars per family.
- London welcomes over 3500 athletes, coaches, officials, and their families to the Ontario Summer Games, running from August 2nd to August 5th. Check out the official website here for more info.
- The Fanshawe Pioneer Village hosts the Fanshawe Frolic: Armistice Ball on August 4th. Come take a walk back through time. Check out the full schedule and purchase your tickets here.
- Drop by the London Ribfest and Craft Beer Festival for a tasty meal. It runs from August 2nd-6th in Victoria Park.
August Music, Art, & Theatre:
- The Smashing Pumpkins featuring Metric take the stage at Budweiser Gardens on August 9th.
- Take in the Dundas Place Arts Festival on August 11th. It runs from 10am to 5pm on Dundas Street.
- On Sunday August 12th, check out the Concert on the Lawn at Elsie Perrin Williams Estate. There’s free parking and it’s only 10 dollars per person. It starts at 12:30 and runs to 1:30pm.
- You can still enjoy Movie Nights in the Park. Movies start at 9pm and take place at Victoria Park on August 10, 17, 24, and 31st.
Other August Activities & Events:
- Get down with some fitness and brunch, with Barre3 + Brunch @ Rec Room London, Ontario. Kick off your Sunday on August 12th with a free 45 minute fitness class followed by a delicious brunch. Click here for more information.
- Try out the 5km Foam Fest that takes place at Boler Mountain on August 18th.
- Take the family or go with friends on an interesting History Tour led out of the Museum London. Go to the London Tourism site for more details.
Important City of London Events:
- The City of London Events are fairly quiet throughout August. For more information, take a look at their calendar.
Enjoy what’s left of summer! Partake in an outdoor concert or movie night. Or get active with a little brunch on the side. London has much to offer. So get out and enjoy!