Spring has sprung and for many that means it’s time to revamp your space. A few changes and some spring cleaning can make a huge impact on one’s home and doesn’t need to be drastic or pricey. Below is a list of quick and easy spring decor ideas that will brighten up and refresh your home!
Add a Hint of Spring Throughout Your Home
- Add fresh flowers! Nothing screams spring quite like a bouquet of fresh flowers! Tulips, lilies or a mixture is a quick way to add a pop of colour to any room.
- Mixing textures adds dimensions and character to any room.
- Repainting stairs is a surefire way to freshen up the house for spring! Designers say to embrace colour – so be bold and make a statement!
All the Colour and Florals in the Kitchen
- Floral linens such as tablecloths or table runners are a great way to incorporate springs themes indoors.
- Colorful glassware and bakeware are a must have for spring.
- Fresh fruit and spring go hand in hand. A fruit bowl is both colour and convenient for a quick snack.
- New cabinetry hardware is a small detail which can make a big impact.
- Cabinetry can be easily painted and nowadays colour is finding its way into kitchens, bathrooms and more. Light sage is a beautifully springy option which is right on trendy.
- Brightly coloured tea towels will pop next to appliances.
- A windowsill herb garden adds a spring touch to the kitchen and is great for cooking!
Give Your Dining Room a Fresh Perspective
- Try a new light fixture! Glass, white or rattan are a perfect spring option.
- Want to spice up your dining set? Chair covers are the perfect option and bonus: they are washable!
- Large leafy centerpieces make a big statement in any dining room.
- Succulent gardens make beautiful and cheerful centerpieces.
- Floral placemats infuse spring into the dining room.
A Spring Welcome in Your Entranceway
- Clutter-free and organized entranceway with a few pops of colour such as a teal key bowl or yellow vases.
- Straw hats are a great way to keep cool – they also are finding their way into decor. Hang a few by the door for a trendy entranceway!
- Add a vase of fresh flowers to your entryway table decor for a cheerful welcome home
Let Spring Vibes Take Over Your Living Room
- Pack up the heavy, wintery throw blankets and replace with light, bright options.
- Not into fresh flowers? Greenery such as large house plants and even herb gardens also fit well into homes.
- Swap out throw pillow for light and airy colors such as pastels.
- Repaint old furniture to spruce up a room. Chalk paint is a foolproof option and is available in many fun and unique colors.
- Rattan is all the rage and is available from furniture to accent pieces. Many times found a second hand rattan bookshelf or chair can be easily added to any room.
- Fresh coat of paint is quick, easy and a great way to brighten up or clean up your space.
- Art pieces are meant to be swapped out! Whether a print or a painting – the fastest way to restyle a room is to switch out the pictures.
- Spring is the perfect time to replace old and dirty rugs. Pick a multi coloured option for added dimension as well as ease of cleaning.
- Baskets are trendy, cute and a great way to hide clutter
- Decorate with candles in lighter colours and scents such as lavender, lemon and vanilla.
- Mirrors are the perfect way to make one’s room look open and airy.
- Layered rugs are a unique and trendy way to dress up a room and add some comfort.
- Garlands can be easily incorporated into spring decor. Dress your fireplace with fresh or faux greenery.
- Swap out the dark wood picture frames for a few white washed wood or brightly coloured options.
- Old ladders repurposed into blanket holders is a chic way to store blankets.
- Wall signs are a popular decor option which can be perfectly customized for the season.
Bring Spring Tranquility into the Bedroom
- While trading in the heavy duvet for a lighter blanket, try throwing on so brightly coloured accent pillows
- Brightly colored wallpaper can quickly transform any room – you can even find removable options which are great for seasonal changes
- Time to pack up the flannel and bring out the light and breezy summer bed sets.
- Basket walls are a fun and simple way to decorate an empty wall.
Brighten up the Bathroom
- Brightly coloured hand towels can bring spring into the bathroom.
- Shiplap is a popular accent wall option which packs a punch! DIYer’s can make their own for a cost effective revamp.
- Hang a floral shower curtain for a quick and easy bathroom transformation.
Freshen Up Your Front Porch
- Who says wreaths are just for Christmas? Add fresh flowers, lavender or brightly coloured greenery to your front door.
- A fresh, clean welcome mat will welcome spring and guests.
- Repainting the front door is a cost effective way to add a dramatic touch to your house.
- Large, front porch displays are popular around Christmas, however, swap out the greenery and add fresh flowers and you’ll have an inviting spring bouquet.
Bring the Indoors Outside
- Add an outdoor rug underneath outdoor furniture to add colour and comfort underfoot.
- Dress up side tables with lanterns, solar lights and more.
- Hang string lights. Edison bulbs are popular and are available in plug in or solar options.
- Set up tiki torches to add light and keep bugs away
- Create a lounge oasis with a hammock
Spring is a great time to spruce up your lawn and house and a few changes can make a big difference. Not all projects need to be elaborate – a pop of colour here or fun new texture there can revamp a space making it feel new and fresh.