23 Apr 2021
Apr 23 2021
Spring has sprung and for many that means it’s time to revamp your space. A few changes and some spring cleaning can make a huge impact on one’s home and doesn’t need to be drastic or pricey. Below is a list of quick and easy spring decor ideas that will brighten up and refresh your home!
Charlota Blunarova on Unsplash
Add a Hint of Spring Throughout Your Home
- Add fresh flowers! Nothing screams spring quite like a bouquet of fresh flowers! Tulips, lilies or a mixture is a quick way to add a pop of colour to any room.
- Mixing textures adds dimensions and character to any room.
- Repainting stairs is a surefire way to freshen up the house for spring! Designers say to embrace colour – so be bold and make a statement!
All the Colour and Florals in the Kitchen
- Floral linens such as tablecloths or table runners are a great way to incorporate springs themes indoors.
- Colorful glassware and bakeware are a must have for spring.
- Fresh fruit and spring go hand in hand. A fruit bowl is both colour and convenient for a quick snack.
- New cabinetry hardware is a small detail which can make a big impact.
- Cabinetry can be easily painted and nowadays colour is finding its way into kitchens, bathrooms and more. Light sage is a beautifully springy option which is right on trendy.
- Brightly coloured tea towels will pop next to appliances.
- A windowsill herb garden adds a spring touch to the kitchen and is great for cooking!
Give Your Dining Room a Fresh Perspective
Photo by Lina Kivaka from Pexels
- Try a new light fixture! Glass, white or rattan are a perfect spring option.
- Want to spice up your dining set? Chair covers are the perfect option and bonus: they are washable!
- Large leafy centerpieces make a big statement in any dining room.
- Succulent gardens make beautiful and cheerful centerpieces.
- Floral placemats infuse spring into the dining room.
A Spring Welcome in Your Entranceway
- Clutter-free and organized entranceway with a few pops of colour such as a teal key bowl or yellow vases.
- Straw hats are a great way to keep cool – they also are finding their way into decor. Hang a few by the door for a trendy entranceway!
- Add a vase of fresh flowers to your entryway table decor for a cheerful welcome home
Let Spring Vibes Take Over Your Living Room
Photo by Charlotte May from Pexels
- Pack up the heavy, wintery throw blankets and replace with light, bright options.
- Not into fresh flowers? Greenery such as large house plants and even herb gardens also fit well into homes.
- Swap out throw pillow for light and airy colors such as pastels.
- Repaint old furniture to spruce up a room. Chalk paint is a foolproof option and is available in many fun and unique colors.
- Rattan is all the rage and is available from furniture to accent pieces. Many times found a second hand rattan bookshelf or chair can be easily added to any room.
- Fresh coat of paint is quick, easy and a great way to brighten up or clean up your space.
- Art pieces are meant to be swapped out! Whether a print or a painting – the fastest way to restyle a room is to switch out the pictures.
- Spring is the perfect time to replace old and dirty rugs. Pick a multi coloured option for added dimension as well as ease of cleaning.
- Baskets are trendy, cute and a great way to hide clutter
- Decorate with candles in lighter colours and scents such as lavender, lemon and vanilla.
- Mirrors are the perfect way to make one’s room look open and airy.
- Layered rugs are a unique and trendy way to dress up a room and add some comfort.
- Garlands can be easily incorporated into spring decor. Dress your fireplace with fresh or faux greenery.
- Swap out the dark wood picture frames for a few white washed wood or brightly coloured options.
- Old ladders repurposed into blanket holders is a chic way to store blankets.
- Wall signs are a popular decor option which can be perfectly customized for the season.
Bring Spring Tranquility into the Bedroom
- While trading in the heavy duvet for a lighter blanket, try throwing on so brightly coloured accent pillows
- Brightly colored wallpaper can quickly transform any room – you can even find removable options which are great for seasonal changes
- Time to pack up the flannel and bring out the light and breezy summer bed sets.
- Basket walls are a fun and simple way to decorate an empty wall.
Brighten up the Bathroom
- Brightly coloured hand towels can bring spring into the bathroom.
- Shiplap is a popular accent wall option which packs a punch! DIYer’s can make their own for a cost effective revamp.
- Hang a floral shower curtain for a quick and easy bathroom transformation.
Freshen Up Your Front Porch
- Who says wreaths are just for Christmas? Add fresh flowers, lavender or brightly coloured greenery to your front door.
- A fresh, clean welcome mat will welcome spring and guests.
- Repainting the front door is a cost effective way to add a dramatic touch to your house.
- Large, front porch displays are popular around Christmas, however, swap out the greenery and add fresh flowers and you’ll have an inviting spring bouquet.
Bring the Indoors Outside
Photo by Dalila Dalprat from Pexels
- Add an outdoor rug underneath outdoor furniture to add colour and comfort underfoot.
- Dress up side tables with lanterns, solar lights and more.
- Hang string lights. Edison bulbs are popular and are available in plug in or solar options.
- Set up tiki torches to add light and keep bugs away
- Create a lounge oasis with a hammock
Spring is a great time to spruce up your lawn and house and a few changes can make a big difference. Not all projects need to be elaborate – a pop of colour here or fun new texture there can revamp a space making it feel new and fresh.